Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Birds, Bees and 1, 2, 3s


Yesterday, Maddox was engrossed in the latest Entertainment Weekly cover. The cover shouts "50 Sexiest Movies Ever" and has Kate Winslet and Patrick Wilson embraced in a lovers romp. Maddox was captivated. The couple is half naked and passionately kissing. He couldn't take his eyes off of it. I asked him what he thought, he laughed. Then I said, "They're kissing" and I proceeded to make kissing noises, which he promptly repeated and kissed the cover and laughed some more. Is this the start with my boys fascination with sex? At 22 months! I'm not ready for this! I know I'm over-reacting. I'm sure the convo about the Birds and the Bees won't happen for at least a few more years and then it will be his Dad doing the explaining, not me. But I have to admit, seeing Maddox so in to the two people making out was funny.




As far as the list of Sexiest Movies from Entertainment Weekly, I was a bit disappointed. I know this list was comprised by a man. Number 1...Out of Site?? Really??? The sexiest movie ever? I don't see it. And Bull Durham? In the top 10? Like I said, a man. Of course a man would think a baseball movie is sexy. Now they did include Swimming Pool and Y Tu Mama Tambien, so I do give EW some props. But you got to rethink your top spot.

1 comment:

slickmachines said...

That's my boy! I'd rather have my son be fascinated with sex, love, friendships and family than violence, hate and bigotry.