Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm a Faux SAHM this week

For one week I get to live the life of a SAHM. Maddox is out of daycare, I'm off work and school, and the husband is bringing home the bacon (mmm, bacon).

The benefits are plenty: Wake-up slowly, albeit still at the crack of dawn since my internal clock is forever adjusted that way, get Mad out of bed, make some breakfast, mope around, take a shower. We have actually been to the library already twice this week. Yes, the library. That free public entertainment institution. Mad and I got library cards and I even checked out two kid books. We attended a story time, had relaxing lunches together, hung out with another SAHM. And it's only Tuesday.

Of course I did attend to other things like taking in dry cleaning and doing laundry. I even swept the floor, but this life is pretty nice. I admit I actually watched Bridezillas when Maddox was napping yesterday. I think after about a week I may start going a little stir crazy, but I'm enjoying it for now.

No comments: