Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

President Obama Speaks to Us

Obama's Speech was hopeful last night. The part that stood out to me what the part on parent's responsibility.

From Momlogic:

The 52-minute speech was interrupted 50 times by applause. Here was one of the quotations that brought Congress to their feet:

"In the end there is no program or policy that can substitute for a parent ... for a mother or father who can attend those parent-teacher conferences, or help with homework, or turn off the TV, put away the video games, read to their child. I speak to you not just as a president but as a father when I say that responsibility for our children's education must begin at home. That is not a Democratic issue or a Republican issue -- that's an American issue."

I always believed this. I'm glad President Obama said it. Now let's get to work!

No comments: