With so many lists telling you what to do and how to do it, I figured a few pointers on what not to do would come in handy.
1. Don’t buy an appliance, cooking utensils, new vacuum cleaner or anything that reminds her that, yes, cooking and cleaning is all she does, as a gift.
2. Do not take her to a fast food restaurant or anything that resembles it.
3. Do not expect her to do any household chores or cook.
4. Do not be generic or cliché. No balloons that scream “I just ran by the store on my way home to get this because I forgot until just now”.
5. Do not forget Mother’s Day! You don’t have to spend $$$ or make extravagant plans. Just make sure you honor her in some way to show that you appreciate her.
Happy Mother’s Day for all the women out there that go through this crazy thing called motherhood.