Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Awards shows and Why I love them

I admit over the past few years my award show viewing has died down a bit, but there was a time where I would watch every one from Oscars and Emmys to MTV Awards and Blockbuster Awards. My staples now consist of the Golden Globes and the Oscars for sure. The Emmys were always a favorite, but the past two years I feel the show has just gone down in quality. The Grammys are pretty pathetic now. I never really did know what the difference was between Record of the Year and Album of the Year.

Tonight the Globes are on. I'm excited. The glitz, the glam. I love the Red Carpet coverage, especially since I now DVR it and can fast-forward through the "filling air time" bits. The only issue I have this year is that I haven't seen any of the movies that are up for Best Picture. So it goes with being a parent. I may try to get one in before the Oscars, but I definitely won't get in all 5 that will be nominated.

The red carpet is always entertaining. I'm not a big fan of "who are you wearing" type banter, I feel it's old and tired to ask that question. I just like to see the stars. Are you an awards show junkie like me?

No comments: