Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Like a butterfly, a wild butterfly


My new sewing obsession has got me finding all sorts of amazing blogs and sites from creative women. I'm like a kid in a candy shop. I can't get enough of sewing tutorials and design blogs. I'm also a little overwhelmed. Since I'm just getting the hang of my Singer and learning to read directions from patterns I'm trying to stay clear of any projects that are too detailed. I'm slowly building my supplies and some cheap fabric to practice on. In the meantime check out some of the cool sites I've come across the past couple weeks:


annamariahorner.com/
: This woman is brilliant. A mother of 6 gorgeous children, a pattern maker, fabric designer and all creative gal. I love this pattern and fabric. I plan to purchase some of her fabric once I'm confident I won't destroy it.

mymamamadeit.blogspot.com/: Another creative mom. I'm planning on coming up with a version of her smocked dress. I have the elastic thread and the fabric. I'm going to work on this ASAP.

2 comments:

BitOwhimsey said...

Wow! I love Anna Marie Horner! Her stuff is awesome! Thanks for the info!

Morning Glory said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of sewing...it is addicting...I have found many more blogs just through Anna maria, isn't she amazing???