Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

And we all fall down

Have you ever been so excited about something that you fell over? Bumped into something? Peed your pants? Maddox has been.

After dinner, Sacha likes dessert, which is usually two pieces of Orowheat Buttermilk bread held together like a sandwich with or with out something inside...like peanut butter or coconut jam. I always wonder why he does this, since it's not really dessert and we usually just had a big dinner. I also curse the weight Gods, since there is no way in h-e-l-l I could get away with eating a peanut butter sandwich AFTER dinner and not instantly gain 5 pounds.

The other night, Sacha was preparing his "dessert". He had bought a loaf of fancy bread from Whole Foods and was cutting up a few pieces. Maddox sees this take place and immediately asked "bread?". As Sacha handed him a torn off piece of this golden yummy delight, Maddox was overcome with joy. He began hopping in a state of happiness right into the dining room chair, which proceeded to knock him face first to the ground. Where he just got up and kept eating and jumping.

Now if this would have been a different kind of fall, I know tears would have resulted, but since the holy grail of bread was the main purpose of this act, he was not upset.

I must saw, I still laugh when I think about it.

No comments: