Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Cherry Picking!

On Sunday as the fog blanketed San Francisco, a friend and I decided it was time to get to the sunnier skies of the East Bay. Who knew that an hour away we'd have 80 degree weather and orchards and orchards of cherry and peach trees. Well, I guess a lot of people, since it was pretty busy.

Traveling to the outer reaches of the East Bay is definitely something to experience. Being a city girl, I always try to imagine what I would do if I lived out there. It's so cookie cutter, not sure I'd be able to handle it. I admit, there are some beautiful views and the weather is nicer - at least when it's not 100 degrees, but the McMansions are a bit too much. All lined up side by side. We ended up stopping at a Chilies for lunch. It was also quite the experience. Well, I digress. Back to the picking. We had a decent time, although Maddox wasn't that into it. He liked the tractors better. A true boy I guess. Here are some highlights:












No comments: