Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

And Baby Makes FOUR!



Here we go! We're on our way to becoming a family of four. A new bundle of baby is percolating inside and let me tell you, I've been feeling like meconium (other mom's know this term well). Now the books, websites and plethora of information available for pregnancy state that this baby is about the size of a kiwi. Little fingers starting to form. Fuzz on skin. Fingerprints. Even ears and a nose.

"The sickness", as I call it, was hard to explain. It's dizziness, nausea, headaches, tiredness and just all around B. L. A. H.

I hated it. I wanted to be excited for the new baby, but I just could't be. Everyone told me it would end and yes, they were right. But when you're in the thick of it that light at the end of the tunnel is very, very dim. Very, very small.

The worse is over and I think I'm out of the deep end. We got the first ultrasound, we had the genetic counseling, blood tests, buttons popping on pants. Oh yeah, what "they" fail to tell you is that when you've already had a baby your second and I assume third, fourth and fifth pregnancies (not!) start to show on your body a lot earlier then with your first. My ab muscles are already loose and limber and my pouch is pushing out. Nice. And I can't find my old maternity clothes. I'm literally holding my skinny jeans together today with a rubber band.

We will find out the gender at the first possible moment. Until then, I'm just anticipating whether we'll have pink or blue in our future.

No comments: